Passport Renewal in India
Usually, for the time span of ten years, a new passport is issued. In case of passport expiry, a person needs to submit an application for the renewal or reissuance of a passport. It is a very simple job. A person needs to duly fill an application form for passport renewal. This duly filled application form needs to be submitted with the required documents at regional passport office.
Documents as mentioned below are required for reissuance or renewal of passport in India,
- Application Form for New passport
- Two photographs in passport size
- Old Passport (In case not submitting old passport, reasons for the same must be quoted)
- Proof of address must be submitted
- Photocopies of certificates of Educational qualification
- Birth Day proof
- Tatkal Notary must be submitted (applicable for tatkal scheme)
- For Tatkal, an urgency letter needs to be submitted (applicable for tatkal scheme)
Fee and Mode of Payment
Fee for renewal of passport (36 pages) is Rs. 1500/-.
Fee for renewal of passport (60 pages) is Rs. 2000/-.
Additional Fee for renewal of passport in Tatkal is Rs. 2000/-
Fee can be paid either through Demand Draft in the name of passport officer concerned or in Cash.
Delivery of Passport
Passport delivery is done only to the applicant or they can be dispatched on the address specified in the Passport application form.